Wednesday 20 October 2010

Welcome to my blog!

This is my first blog, which I've created for the purposes of keeping a record of my AS level in Media and what I do each lesson. In this blog you will be able to track my progress throughout the making of my music magazine in which I'm going to create the front cover, contents page and a double page spread feature on a band of my choice.

In preparation to this our class has made a mock  up front cover for a school magazine which I called Written in the Stars! I think that this went quite well because of the research which we did along side the magazine, this involved doing a questionnaire and then acting on the feedback. We will be doing the same for our music magazine, this will be my next blog update


I've also included the codes and conventions for a music magazine:

Codes and conventions
1.       Colour schemes –
Rock – red, black, white
Pop – pinks, blues, yellow, orange, bright colours
Classical – mellow colours, pale blues, creams, greens
2.       Formal written text
3.       Lots of different fonts for different features
4.       Variety of images  - big, small, black and white, full colour
5.       Bold headlines and use of colour to attract target audience
6.       Interviews, first hand, articles, quotations
7.       Page numbers – contents page, may use images from front cover to link the contents page up - visual recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment