Monday 11 April 2011

Evaluation: Looking back at your preliminary task what do you think you have learnt in the progression?

I feel from my preliminary task to my music magazine I’ve learnt a lot, I’ve definitely developed my knowledge of the music magazine industry, and how the conventions of the magazine are really important to sales. I’ve improved my design skills across this time and how much effort actually goes into creating a quality magazine. I’ve also learnt a lot about time management and how it’s actually so important, and setting personal goals for yourself can really improve your work. That’s one of the main things I will take away with me, I realised it’s actually very important to  plan out a task like this before you jump in because otherwise you can panic yourself by not having an order to do things, so that really helped. I’ve learnt a lot about how each part of the magazine is really important and how if you abide by the conventions you can get a really different product than if you were to go completely opposite them. Having a mix creates a good magazine because it stays unique but you will always be able to attract people with the simple techniques magazines use all the time. My preliminary task wasn’t very good, but I’ve learnt about creating a product that looks good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment